Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Crack house

So, I just got off the phone with my mom and I could tell she felt down in the dumps just from the tone in her voice. I talked to her about me coming into town this weekend for my birthday, and how much fun I had with dad and Grandma at the family reunion, then I told her I might go and stay with dad in his new apartment for a day or so to help him move.

She said that he would probably really enjoy that, then she said "He'd probably enjoy hearing from you because I think I ruined his day." I asked her why and she said "I had this box full of wedding gifts, anniversary gifts, and jewelry that your dad had given me over the years like the diamond pendant he gave me when I turned 18, and my wedding band and stuff like that. I had asked your brother to grab those things before he left and he only grabbed a few of the things and the jewelry wasn't included. When I went over there the other week to sort through things and get what was mine, I noticed that all the jewelry was missing. I texted your dad to see if he had seen a little box by any chance. He calls me and says "what box?". I told him there was a little box filled with jewelry that he had given me over the years and that it was missing. He just said, "I'm so sorry Laura, I have no idea where it is.". I had a feeling he wasn't the one who took it, I just needed to ask him about it to make sure. I haven't had the heart to tell him what kind of shape the house was in when my father came in."

I asked her what she meant and she said "When my dad got the house signed over to him he automatically went to the house. There was a lady and a man there who had left the house in shambles. There were cigarette ashes all over the carpet, they had made the new cabinets in the bathroom I bought into an ash tray. There were melted candles in the carpet that these people had used for light because the electricity had been cut off. There was an expensive collectors gun missing, and a power washer from out in the back yard missing. These people had basically turned the house into a crack house. Your father only knew about the lady staying there, not the man, and he has no idea what kind of shape the house was left in. These people had no regard  for the house or your father at all, and I guess your dad thought of this lady as a friend."

I kind of want to call dad and bitch him out, but that would do no good. He honestly didn't know the people in the house were doing this. I just don't understand how he can trust a person so easily when he went through an addiction himself knowing that he would have done anything to get high again. I guess I just mostly want to tell him that I think he's a fucking idiot for letting anyone in the house that he met at a bar. He still doesn't know that I knew this bitch was in the house.

I feel so badly for my grandfather who now owns the house and has to clean it up in order to sell it. I hope when dad meets up with him this weekend to move the rest of the shit out, he apologizes profusely to him for ever being an idiot and putting him in this situation. Ugh! For my dad being so book smart, he sure is a fucking idiot. Ok, I think I'm done venting now...NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment