Thursday, July 21, 2011

Psychologist appt

Well, I finally got up the nerve to make an appointment with a Psychologist. I'm still shaking from talking to the receptionist about making an appointment. I hope this helps my healing process. I hope that this gets everything sorted out inside of me. My friend said that she's really excited for me and thinks that this will go great!

It's really hard for me to talk about my feelings to people, and I know it's going to be even harder for me to talk to someone I don't know at all. Hopefully this lady will be a great match for me.

I told my mother what I was doing, and she told me that the person she went to really helped her. She asked me what was wrong and I told her I just get angry and sad sometimes and I'm tired of it. I told her I was ok, but I'm just tired of having breakdowns. I told her my brother needs therapy too and she said she knew and is hoping the Navy will help with that.

I have news for her, the Navy is just going to make him push down his feelings. "Men aren't supposed to feel, men are supposed to be strong and have everything handled." I only know this because of the difference between my husband before the Air Force, and after the Air Force. He came back a brain washed zombie when he came home from basic. He acted differently towards everyone. He still isn't the same to this day, he's gotten a lot closer to being the old guy I used to know, but has a little ways to go. I pray that the Navy won't change my brother. I hope it makes him independent and a little more grown up, but I don't want to see him brainwashed.

No comments:

Post a Comment