Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I hate when people tell me how something should affect me.

Originally written Wednesday September 15, 2010.

My dad is coming home from Iraq next week. He'll be home for good. He's trying to find a job outside of the U.S. That kind of hurts my feelings that he doesn't want to be close to my brother and me, but I don't think he means for it to hurt me. I would just like to see him more than once a year.

An old family friend is helping mom sell the house. It's crazy how people pop back up in your life. I wonder if she knows mom and dad are divorced. I'm sure she'll know by the time she looks at the house.

You know what I hate? When people tell me "at least your parent's divorce doesn't affect your life." Maybe it doesn't affect where I live, and maybe I don't have to choose who to stay with, but my parents have made it through thick and thin. My mom dealt with dad;s crack addiction, dealt without living with him for years because of the army, dealt with him being a totally different person than the one she married, and then all of a sudden she decides to call it quits. My parents still being together after 22 years was amazing to me. They got married young like me, had been together since high school like my husband and me, and acted like they were going to be together for the rest of their lives. They were my role models for love. They showed me that love could make it through anything, and now I'm not so sure. Doesn't affect me my ass...

No comments:

Post a Comment