Thursday, June 9, 2011

Dad's here!

Well, I finally got my dad to come and stay with me. It took a really long time, and a lot of coaxing, but he finally made it. I'm so glad he's out of my home town. I'm so glad he is away from all of his worst memories. I feel so much better about this. I don't have to worry about him as much here. Hell, I don't really have to worry about him at all.

I could tell dad was wanting crack really badly. When he thinks about it, he gets really quiet and really aloof. Thank God my mother in law's boyfriend is a recovering crack addict who has been sober for 10 years plus. He is my dad's new mentor, and what is weird is that this guy is kind of psychic. He feels what other people are feeling and can talk to them about it. He knew something about me that I haven't told anyone. This guy was a blessing from God. He calls my dad daily and makes him feel better. It's crazy how fate can bring people together. This man came into my dad's life at the perfect time, and is going to be in his life from now on.

He told me that dad has been wanting crack badly, and I knew that. He still hasn't relapsed but thinks about it daily. I also knew that. Being an addict never goes away. You think about whatever you're addicted to every single day. You crave it every single day. You fight it every single day. Once an addict, always an addict no matter how long you remain sober.

No comments:

Post a Comment