Wednesday, June 29, 2011

My old best friend part 2

So, I was looking up auditions for plays coming up at the little theatre here, and it reminded me of my old best friend, how he's really into the dramatic arts, and how we were in a few plays together. As soon as I got done writing down all the audition dates and went to my facebook page, there was a message. I opened it up and it was from him. He told me that  one of my best friends and he were talking and thought it would be a great idea for me and him to get together.

I automatically started crying. These were tears of joy though as a huge relief came over me and my heart filled with joy to just see that he is making an effort to be friends still. There's so much that I need to tell him. First off, I need to apologize to him for ever pushing him away and not being totally honest with him about what was going on in my life. I also need to apologize for not being accepting of who he was back in high school.

I need to explain to him that I am so not that person I was before. I'm no longer judgmental, I no longer hold a grudge for anything that's happened in the past between us, and I no longer keep things in like I did. I probably need to tell him about this blog. It's the only way I know to tell him what I went through because if I try to explain this to him, I will burst into tears.

I don't think this visit will be awkward at all. I pray that we can get all of our feelings out on the table and make them disappear once and for all. Hopefully I don't see him,  hug him and burst into tears, but we'll see. I really really hope to have a great reunion and get a life time friend out of this. I've missed him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment