Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The worst beach trip ever.

Well, I haven't updated in a while because I've been at the beach, and I had no alone time to blog. We went to Ft. Walton Beach and stayed in a condominium there.

I am not exaggerating when I say this was the worst beach trip ever. It started off with us getting there and it being in an upstairs room. My husband's mom is on oxygen 24-7 and cannot get up and down stairs in the heat. We asked for a downstairs bedroom but they had no 2 bedroom 2 baths vacant downstairs. I felt horrible because I was the one that made all of the reservations and everything. So as soon as we got there the trip wasn't right.

The next day I was finally feeling better about the trip. I made strawberry daiquiris, saw some awesome friends from Arkansas, and had a great cook out. I only thought about how I had messed up a few times that day. Our friends from Arkansas left and not even an hour later all hell broke loose.

My husband and his brother got into a huge fight (not a fist fight.) They were both drunk from doing shots a tequila and both had no tolerance for anything at that point. My brother in law told me to shut up in a funny way, and my husband got really offended even though my brother in law was kidding and it didn't bother me in the least bit. I went over to my husband trying to tell him that it didn't bother me in the least bit, and he snapped at me. I screamed in his face that he was being a dumb ass and needed to stop drinking, and he grabbed my face. He didn't hurt me, and didn't put any pressure, but you don't do that period, especially when there are four men in the room and one of them is your father... My father got up, pulled my husband away from me and the biggest brawl of all started. My husband pushed my dad up against a wall, then dad got him in a headlock trying to make him pass out because he was belligerent.

My brother in law finally got them apart while I was rocking myself in a corner the entire time. If you don't know me, then you don't know that I've been in an abusive relationship before and my husband knew the first time he touches me, I'm gone. Well, my husband was crying and screaming and asking what happened because he didn't remember any of it. He didn't remember anything but him and his brother arguing. I told him he got physical with me and he kept saying "I'm no better than that other faggot that did that to you. I don't deserve to live! What did I do?!" He went to the beach and him and his brother had a long talk. Me and my dad went to the beach and walked along it talking the whole time. He said, "you know he wasn't going to hurt you right?", and I said "yes I do, but him putting his hands on me like that period was not right." Dad said, "and he knows that." I told dad I didn't know what I was going to do, and he said he would support me no matter what.

We got back to the condo, and my husband was still not there. My basically sister in law was there and I asked if I could sleep with her that night because she was mad at my husband's brother too, and didn't feel like being in the same room as him. We had a long talk and she basically told me the same thing, "he wasn't going to hurt you I think he just wanted to push you away so he wouldn't hurt you, but in doing so he grabbed your face." I knew that, and I knew he wasn't going to hurt me because he didn't put any pressure on my face whatsoever.

My husband finally came in and sat down with me. He said he's done drinking because he literally didn't remember anything that happened, and he never wants to be in that situation again. I told him my side of the story, and he started crying. He couldn't believe any of that happened.

The next day I got up way before he did because he was so hung over, and talked to his mom about everything that happened. She asked if I could ever forgive him, and I said yes. She said "I'm glad you love him, because he sure does love you." My husband came down the stairs and was so bruised up. His hand was swollen up, his toe was purple, his mouth was busted up, and he looked like hell. He laid down in my lap and I told him, "That was your get out of jail free card simply because you didn't hurt me, and I knew deep down you weren't going to hurt me. If it ever happens again I will be out of your life." He started crying, and I did too. He said, "I wish I could remember everything but I don't, and I'm so sorry. I promise I am never drinking again and never doing that again." I simply said, "I know you won't."

Please don't let this make you think little of my husband, he is a very nice guy who treats me very good. He loves me with all of his heart, and has never laid a hand on me in the 6 years we've been together, and he's not going to start now. And trust me, I am not one of those people who makes excuses for other people. I've been down that road before, and will never go down that road again.

This whole ordeal definitely put into detail how much I mean to my father though, and that he would do anything for me even if he thinks that I am in the slightest bit of danger. Just another thing to put on the list of why my dad is still my superhero even after everything he has put me through.

2 comments:

  1. I still like your husband. My opinion of him hasn't changed at all. It wasn't malicious, but it STILL isn't okay that he did it.

    You've never indicated that he has ever touched you out of anger, so I know this isn't something that's going to become a problem. And if it is, you know you need to get the fuck up out of there. I don't think it'll be a problem, though.

    You handled it really well. I'm so happy he apologized, because sincere apologies can help a lot. I don't think he needs to stop drinking completely, because this was just one instance (I suppose?). He just needs to not get piss-ass drunk. BUT, if he doesn't trust himself to stop, then he shouldn't drink. It's not like alcohol is vital to life, anyway.

    Bah. I'm sorry all this happened. From your status on FB, I figured you had a fantastic time and nothing happened, lol. You're just like me. You don't let on that anything is going on in your personal life unless you really trust the person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah this was the first and last time most definitely. I told him it was the tequila that made him like that. You and me know how bad tequila can be lmao.

    Anyways, I haven't told anybody about that but my mom and anyone who reads this. I didn't even tell my friend who we saw there what happened. I just told her a fight happened without giving details.

    I really hope the next beach trip I have will be relaxing and awesome like I wanted this one to be. Oh well, life goes on.

    ReplyDelete