Sunday, June 26, 2011

Mob Wives

So I know I'm a loser for doing so, but I watch Mob Wives. My husband and I got into it basically because of the stupid drama that's so intriguing. It's crazy how other people's drama and hurt can be so interesting to people. It makes me wonder if I went on a tv show, how many people would watch, no I take that back. I know millions of people would watch. I would have those flashbacks with paid actors to play the part of my hurtful childhood, and come back to me now just as a tear was falling down my cheek. Yeah, it's pretty messed up isn't it? I really don't understand why people want to be famous so badly that they would open themselves up to sadness and grieving almost every day of their life.

Anyways, Mob Wives is about wives and daughters of "Mob Kings". They share very painful details of how they had to grow up with father's in jail, and how they have had to raise their kids by themselves because their husbands are in jail for robbing a bank, or worse. I don't feel bad for the wives because they chose their life. They knew who they were marrying when they married them. I feel a great sense of empathy for the women who grew up with fathers in jail, because they didn't have a choice. You can't choose who your parents are. It's really crazy how much I have in common with these women, they grew up with limited visits to their father, they looked for people to take away the pain of not having a father figure in their life, they have to go through a lot of therapy to feel better and get things off of their chest. People judge them, and hate them without even knowing them. People don't give them a fair chance at anything because of who they are kin to. This takes me back to people in my old church judging me. I hated that, and felt so betrayed, just like these women do.

When my husband and I are watching Mob Wives together, I usually try to hide my face because a lot of the time the women are talking to someone about how their father wasn't there for them, and how much that hurts them. Of course I start crying because I know exactly how that feels. How sick is that that I feel empathy towards Mobster's daughters?!

This was just a random thought that I had today, and figured I would write about it. By the way, I would never recommend watching this show, it's stupid and juvenile, and I don't even know why I still watch it, but something about it has gotten me hooked. ::Sigh::

No comments:

Post a Comment