Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"I want your husband to know the man I was before."

I wish I had a recorder running when my dad called me just a few minutes ago. I'm still wiping off tears. I don't know what got into him, but he had talked to mom for a good hour and a half apparently and apologized for everything he did to her, all the hell he put her through, and for him breaking her apart.

He called me right after and said "I told your mother I am truly sorry, and I want you to know I am working on getting back to the daddy you had when I was still just a nurse. I don't know what happened in P.A. school, but I changed, and I haven't been the same since. I want your husband to know the man I was before, and I'm going to show him. " He called me on skype so of course I was holding back the tears so he couldn't see them. "I love you baby girl and you let me know you love me every day by calling me. I just want to let you know I'm working on myself and getting back to the place I was before." We hung up and I automatically bursted into tears. Thank God my husbands asleep because he'd probably think I was dying. This is something I haven't heard before, this isn't one of those "I'll get better I promise" things, this is a "I'm ready to truly be myself again, and I'm going to work on it starting now" things.

It's almost like my dad's been reading my blog or something. He knows that one of the worst things I have to deal with is my husband not knowing him and not respecting him because of what he's done. I don't know, my mother and I did talk about how my husband and his family don't truly know my father not even a week ago so she could have mentioned it to him.


No one knows how good it would be to have my dad back. I haven't seen or talked to MY dad in about 6 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment