Friday, May 27, 2011

Wait! I take it all back!

My dad's got job interviews in Texas and it's looking really good. It's really hurting my feelings that he wants to live that far away again. I understand that he doesn't want to be in my home town, but why Texas?! That's at least 15 hours away. I know I've been complaining about him being back, but in all honesty I'm going to miss him if he gets this job in Texas. It's been nice to be able to see him whenever I feel like going down to my home town.

Dad didn't relapse the other day. I don't really know where he disappeared to, but I know he didn't relapse. I found out when my dad got back from Texas that he was diagnosed with PTSD which has really messed with him. I'd be surprised if he DIDN'T have PTSD. When he was in Afghanistan he lost a close friend and where he was, got shot at daily. If you have netflix, look up the movie called Restrepo. This is where my dad was, it was horrible living conditions and horrible battles between them and the Afghans. No wonder dad can't sleep.

I wish my dad could get a job up here where I live now. That way he could be close to me and still be away from drugs. I'm not saying that Texas wouldn't be good for him, but I want to be selfish for a little while. I want my daddy here. I take back everything I said about him ruining my life by coming back to my home town. I just want my dad to be close to me at my every beckoning call. I want to be able to see my dad without having to travel 15 + hours. I want him physically in my life, not technologically in my life. Skype is amazing, but there's nothing like my dad physically holding me in his arms, there's nothing like being able to say "hey let's hang out this weekend." I haven't been able to do that in years, and it's felt really really good. Now that dad has a cell phone I don't worry about him as much because he actually calls me and I call him. He hasn't not answered once since he got it. So as I said before, I take it all back! I just want my dad near me. ::Holds head in hands::

No comments:

Post a Comment